All of our MobilityWorks locations have trained and certified service departments to help keep your vehicle on the road. Here are eight of the most frequently asked questions our service team receives:
Do your technicians work on more than the ramp/accessible equipment?
– MobilityWork’s service departments can handle almost all of the same issues as a traditional auto repair shop. Our technicians understand how all parts of the vehicle work with the accessible equipment, which is crucial when it comes to repairs and maintenance.
Are all of your technicians certified?
– Yes, they are. MobilityWorks service teams are National Mobility Equipment Dealer Association (NMEDA) certified. Our technicians undergo continuous training when it comes to the latest in adaptive technology.
Who should I reach out to if I think my vehicle needs service?
– You can contact our service team by phone at 877-275-4912 or visit our service page (https://mobilityworks.com/wheelchair-van-service/) and fill out a form to be contacted at your convenience.
How often do you recommend vehicles should be serviced?
– We recommend bringing your vehicle in every six months for a mobility inspection. During this checkup, we will service your ramp or lift, and look for any other issues with the vehicle.
Do you have all the necessary parts to fix ramps from any manufacturer?
– Yes, we can find and install parts from all of the leading adaptive equipment manufacturers including; BraunAbility, VMI, and Bruno.
What are some warning signs to look for in my vehicle?
– Hearing an unfamiliar noise or noticing an odd smell.
– Feeling the vehicle is not driving quite the same as it was once
– If it becomes harder to stop or steer
– Your vehicle is leaking any type of fluid
Can you perform work on a non-accessible vehicle or a one that I have not purchased through MobilityWorks?
– We can service any accessible vehicle, even if it was not purchased at MobilityWorks. Many of our clients also bring in their non-accessible vehicles for service.
What type of accessible equipment can your technicians install?
– Our technicians install hand controls, scooter lifts, and adaptive seating solutions. We can find accessible solutions for almost any make and model of vehicle.