Spring is finally here, and it’s time to say goodbye to winter and get outside. Whether you’re an adventure-seeker or prefer a more relaxed pace, there are plenty of accessible springtime activities to enjoy. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Get Some Fresh Air:
- Spring is the perfect time to get out and explore nature. There are plenty of accessible trails and parks available, and you can even download apps to help guide you along the way. Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture the beautiful scenery. This website features links to help you enjoy nature with minimal obstacles: https://www.accessiblenature.info/
Visit a Botanical Garden:
- Botanical gardens are not only beautiful but also educational. Many of these gardens are wheelchair accessible, though it’s always a good idea to call ahead to confirm your mobility needs will be met. Check out your local botanical garden and see what springtime displays what springtime displays are in bloom’.
Plan a Picnic:
- Enjoy the beautiful spring weather with a picnic in the park. Pack your favorite snacks, and enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. Many local parks have accessible picnic areas, so be sure to check before you go. If you’d prefer a National Park, you can click here to find accessibility information.
- Spring is the time when many birds return from their winter migration, making it a perfect time to go birdwatching. You can do this in your own backyard, a nearby park or reserve, or on a guided tour. The Audubon Society has some expert tips on everything you need to know about bird watching, or “Birding”: https://www.audubon.org/birding/spring-birdwatching-tips
Try Adaptive Sports:
- There are many adaptive sports that people of all abilities can enjoy. Spring is a great time to try something new like adaptive basketball, cycling, kayaking, or rock climbing. Check out your local adaptive sports program for opportunities, or click here for more information about adaptive sports in your area.
No matter what your interests, there are plenty of accessible springtime activities to enjoy! With a little planning and creativity, you can make the most of the warmer weather and enjoy all the beauty and fun that spring has to offer. Our Certified Mobility Consultants are ready to help you ‘be there’ for your favorite springtime activities! Contact us today!
Sign-up with our email list to receive our latest promotions, news and events!