Safety ManagerMultiple Locations
The Safety Manager is responsible for the implementation of the MobilityWorks safety program at the store level with the assistance of key personnel. He/She will work as a subject matter expert for all safety initiatives and directly support the stores as they work to implement safety policies and procedures and develop a company-wide safety culture.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BA/BS in related field preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of hands on Safety Management experience.
- Experience with automotive operations is a plus.
- Certifications in OSHA is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience is required.
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Competency using MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Assist the Director of Safety with reporting requirements including:
- OSHA 300/ 300A
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) requests
- OSHA or other Regulatory agency complaints
- Any environmental citations or complaints
- Oversee the selection, development and training of designated store safety personnel with a focus on increasing their competency and confidence in their respective roles.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and liaison with Transitworks to better align the safety programs of both divisions, highlighting best practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a safety self-evaluation/ audit tool and conduct regular audits/ reviews of the stores to gauge the strengths and weaknesses of safety compliance at the store level.
- Assist the Director of Safety in the evaluation of existing safety policies and the development and implementation of new/ updated policies.
- Train store safety personnel in the development of effective follow up plans of action and provide regular updates to ensure elimination/ remediation of recognized hazards.
- Direct store safety personnel in the development of store specific hazard assessments to determine appropriate use of PPE.
- Conduct store level training in the following subject areas:
- Hazardous communication (SDS)
- Lock Out / Tag Out (annual periodic inspection)
- Forklift training/ certification
- Hearing conservation
- First Aid/ CPR/ AED
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) training
- Other required safety programs as directed
- Conduct periodic monthly safety calls, at times serving as a co-presenter on various topics as directed.
- Develop and conduct safety indoctrination of key new team members (GM’s, SM’s, designated safety personnel)
- Must be committed to regular travel to the stores (minimum 75%), to include time spent at the Londonderry office for meetings, strategy sessions and updates.
- Competitive wage.
- Competitive Health & Welfare Plan benefits.
- 401(k) Plan with company match.
- PTO Time.
Or Download Application and email to .
MobilityWorks serves some of the largest major metropolitan areas of the United States, including: Atlanta, Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Miami, Milwaukee, Nashville, New York, Newark, Oakland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Washington DC, and many others. Our customers come to our consumer stores from areas as far away as a 100 miles or more.
An Inc. 500 | 5000 Company MobilityWorks was recently named to the prestigious Inc. 500 | 5000 list of companies published by Inc. magazine. This was the 8th year the company has been named to the list. The annual designation is coveted by the business community for its recognition of America’s fastest-growing private companies.[/su_frame]