Director of Risk ManagementRichfield, Ohio
The Director of Risk Management will develop an Enterprise Risk Management Strategy and implement working with CFO/CAO for risk tolerance and related cost and benefits and likely outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management; Master’s degree (MBA) preferred.
- May hold designations such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Knowledge about legal issues around organization liability, insurance trends and claims management preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience with business development in strategic retail management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful supervisory experience.
- Strong value system and the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to operate in high growth, entrepreneurial environment with integration and assimilation of acquired entities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify solutions and provide decision-making leadership to effectively influence others, champion and implement ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team oriented environment.
- Project management skills.
- Candidates must successfully complete criminal and motor vehicle background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Responsible for the annual placement of Insurance programs including General Liability, Garage Keepers, Auto, Dealer Plates, Open Lot including bailee exposures, Crime, Cyber Liability, Rental Vehicle Insurance, Management Liability and Directors and Officers, and Excess and Umbrella coverages.
- Partner with the Safety Director and Vice President of Human Resources in placement of Workers Comp programs and claim management strategy.
- Selection of advisors, brokers, and risk management structures best able to support the strategic objectives of the company.
- Develop cost effective structure as to cost and collateral requirements.
- Review, audit and approve incoming invoices and submit to accounting.
- Maintain coverages thru endorsements for changes in exposures due to acquisitions and expansion.
- Work with Safety Director on Risk Management mitigation strategies and implementation.
- Timely investigation, documentation and claim submission for all accidents and claims.
- Manage all litigation and claims including working with carriers, legal counsel, claims managements and maintain status of all legal cases and claims.
- Prepare and maintain legal and insurance claim schedule and prepare Monthly Management Discussion and Analysis of all claims and legal matters.
- Maintain and review of Certificates of Insurance (COI) for all vendors, suppliers, contractors and service providers. Identify and correct any risk exposures as necessary.
- Provide and maintain COI for landlords, lenders and other parties as needed and appropriate.
- Appropriate Allocation of risk costs to individual operating units including monthly reconciliation of prepaid and payable accounts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, OSHA and other safety regulations, and all state mandated regulations.
- Comply with MW’s Core Values at all times (LOVE IT).
- Competitive base wage.
- Competitive Health & Welfare Plan benefits.
- 401(k) Plan with company match.
- Vacation and PTO Time.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.