Roof, Interior & Floor Options
Raised Roof Styles and Interior Options
MobilityWorks builds all commercial vehicles with quality and durable materials. Our commercial vans and commercial wheelchair minibuses are built with a superior design, and our assembly team oversees the process. Some commercial van features are standard and some are elective during the configuration process. Below are some of the most common features that people select for their vehicles and applications.
Tops and Support Cages
All MobilityWorks commercial tops are FMVSS 220 compliant and constructed as follows:
- Regular length one-piece fiberglass roof with FMVSS 220 certified support cage; 5 cross tubes and 3 longitudinal members; 1-1/2" insulation between headliner and top
- Extended length one-piece fiberglass roof with FMVSS 220 certified support cage; 6 cross tubes and 3 longitudinal members; 1-1/2" insulation between headliner and top
Raised Roof Styles
- 16" Executive TV top - regular & extended (interior headroom 62" floor to headliner)
- 24" Camper top - regular & extended (interior headroom 69" floor to headliner)
- 36" Transit top - extended only (interior headroom approx. 80" floor to headliner)
- Other custom tops available upon request - call for information
MobilityWorks provides a vehicle with superior interior construction. Our standard interior walls and headliners are made of ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic, which offers the following advantages over fiberglass:
- ABS plastic is lightweight, which helps to reduce the overall upfit weight
- It has excellent abrasion resistance with the color molded into the entire component, so scratches from normal wear and tear are not readily apparent
- MobilityWorks ABS walls and headliners are seamless one-piece molded components, which makes them easy to sanitize and maintain
- Proprietary molds - MobilityWorks owns the molds used to build our headliners and walls. They were designed to fit the Ford E-series interior and maximize usable interior space
- Headliners are white
- Interior walls are gray
- Headliners include four (4) dash-operated recessed dome lights (6 in Transit top)
- Raised roof vans have a bulkhead storage compartment with latching door over the driver compartment (not available on bus-style walk-in entry vans)
- Custom cloth or vinyl walls and headliners available upon request
All of our wheelchair vans have a 5/8" commercial grade laser cut, edge-sealed plywood subfloor, covered with commercial-grade flooring. Our customers most often choose Altro floor covering, which is well-known for its durability and skid-resistance. Altro retains its skid resistance throughout its life because the grit is molded into the product. Other floor coverings such as plain rubber, RCA ribbed rubber and Lonseal are also available.
For additional information about our handicap vans and pricing, call our toll-free line at 1-800-769-8267 or Send us an inquiry here.
MobilityWorks maintains a fleet of Road Ready vehicles that can quickly be upfitted to your business needs.
Commercial Van - Regular Length - 16" Executive TV top with custom paint and graphics.
Commercial Van - Extended Length - 16" Executive TV top with full-length exterior passenger step, stainless steel wheel covers, tinted windows.
36" Transit Top