In-Service Events for Physical Therapy Rehabilitation Professionals
MobilityWorks OT/PT Training Seminars and In-Service Participation
MobilityWorks is able to provide mobility equipment and accessible van training for occupational and physical therapists (OT/PT) in conjunction with many local colleges and universities. We are also able to provide a mobility consultant for in-service events, such as spinal cord injury support groups and rehabilitation center group meetings.
With ample time to prepare, MobilityWorks will help to arrange for classroom materials, visual aids, brochures and other product information that will help students, physicians and patients to understand the different types of equipment and vehicles available to help with a variety of mobility needs.
Some of the different topics we can help to cover include:
- Hand Control Options and Brake/Accelerator Modifications
- High-Tech Driving Equipment
- Reduced Effort Steering
- Vehicle Modifications and Chassis
- Side Entry and Rear Entry Options
- Lowered Floors
- Types of Wheelchair Lifts and Ramps Available
- Power transfer Seats and Other Seating Modifications
- Wheelchair & Scooter Information - Why is that Important?
- Wheelchair Measurements
- Pre-Modification Planning
- Mid-Conversion Fittings and Inspection
- Final Fittings and Inspection
- Test Drives with the Use of Hand Controls
- Behind the Wheel Instruction
- Consumer Release of the Vehicle
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Scooter Lifts and Wheelchair Lift Options
- Equipment Specifications
- Tie-Downs and Wheelchair Restraint Systems
- NMEDA and ADA Model Dealerships
Contact your local MobilityWorks location to schedule an OT/PT training session or to schedule an in-service visit with a patient group session. We'll be glad to assist in your efforts in whatever way we can.